Bert Johan wrote: July 3rd, 2002
I have downloaded your HoHo application,
which works great.

However, I'm not able to 'upload' them into my phone:
Yes, I've downloaded a ring-tune from your site
I paste it from the message-pad into HoHo
I'm able to play it (or able to convert it
into another format)

But then? How do I get it in my Nokia 8110?
Can I manage that via the IR-port?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: July 3rd, 2002
The problem is the same as with Nokia 6210, whose support was asked by Alex in the message entitled "How transfer ringtone to nokia 6210" a few days ago.

Read the answers to that question as they are the same as to yours.

eddcartes wrote: February 9th, 2003
How can I upload the ring-tone in my nokia
3360? Thanks;

e.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 9th, 2003
Unfortunately I also have to redirect you to the "How transfer ringtone to nokia 6210" message.

HoHo simply cannot beam to any cell phone.

ivan wrote: April 26th, 2003
I would like to send a ring-tune from my nokia 6210 to nokia 6310 via the IR and would you please tell me is that possible and how can I do that, and I would like to send some calendar notes as well so help me pleaseeeeeeeeee!

Aaron J. Outhier wrote: July 18th, 2003
Ivan,
Nokia phones manufactured after the 6100 series are not capable of sending ring tones through the IR port. Also Nokia has not publicly released the specifications to send/receive ring tones with said phones! However, you can go to the Nokia web site: www.nokia.com (or www.nokiausa.com if you're in the U.S.). From there, browse to the page for your phone (or phones) and select "Downloads" near the right-middle of the page (you may have to scroll-down to see it). You can then select the "PC Suite" program applicable to your phone. IT IS A BIG DOWNLOAD, so expect it to take 1-2 hours if you don't have a broadband connection! Install and run the PC Suite installation program. THIS PROGRAM WILL ALLOW YOU TO BACK-UP ANY/ALL INFORMATION ON YOUR PHONE, including: Ringtones, Address Book, Calendar, Picture Messages, saved Text Messages, etc. You can import from phone and then transfer them to another COMPATABLE phone.

Note: If your cell phone doesn't support a data cable and your PC doesn't have an IR port, you may be stuck at this point. If it's worth it to you, you can look into purchasing a Serial/COM to IrDA adapter or a USB to IrDA adapter if your computer has an open COM or USB port respectively. Look for them on eBay, or at various online stores. You MAY also be able to find one at Fry's Electronics, CompUSA, or other BIG computer stores. All-around electronic/entertainment stores PROBABLY won't have them, but you can look.

Now that that's out of the way: you CAN send Address and Calendar Entries from on phone to another via Infra-Red:

1) Turn on Infra-Red reception on the receiving phone.

2) On the sending phone, select the desired address/calendar entry and press the 'options' softkey followed by "Send via IR"

3) Make certain that the IR "Windows" on each phone are pointed at each other at the end of the last step.

4) You should receive a confermation message on the receiving phone. Choose whether to accept or delete the new entry.

5) If the transfer does not work, refer to your phones' user manuals, which BTW can be obtained from the Nokia web site. Just click on "User Manuals" instead of "Downloads" as I mentioned above.

*) Note that the information I provided is from memory/off the top of my head, so to speak, and is also for use with a different phone model. The method should be simillar for different phones, but if you get stuck somewhere with my instructions, once again, check the appropriate Nokia User Manuals.

Okay, I'm Done!!

--Aaron
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy