[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: Speedometer GPS forum thread

Speedometer GPS for athletes.RNS:: logo
jerome wrote: March 28th, 2009
One of my hobbies is speed walking, you know, it's those people that walk funny, and if one day you try you discover some new form of pain in your butt cheeks the day after.

Anyway, the story is that I'd love to be able to use Speedometer GPS to track my performances. The idea is that I currently carry a GPS (Garmin Edge) and Pedometer. The GPS gives me the distance walked and pedometer helps me to estimate the stride (distance divided by number of steps), the combination of both helps me to estimate the calories burnt, time spent walking, etc.

What I would love to do, however is to have a single device that does it all; call this walkometer GPS, or however you want.

This is what I would love to have:
- display distance walked (updated every 5 seconds).
- display average speed (distance/time).
- display an estimation of the number of steps (the stride would have to be entered before), average per hour, and total for the day.
- display how much time was walked, during the last use, and total for the day, week, or month (maybe graph the totals and averages, as well as distance walked).
- display time and total time when the walker hasn't moved (GPS coordinates haven't changed).
etc.

if there's an interest, I could work on better specs, but that's the basic idea, and yes, I would buy such application.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 28th, 2009
Thanks for the idea, Jerome. You are right: this is the material for a totally new application (as you called it "Walkometer GPS" :-)

I don't think such application would get much popularity, though :-( Thus I am not sure if it is worth creating. Well, it also depends on how much would you buy it for :-)

You may also try our Calorie GPS application, which seems to be appropriate for you, too.
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy