[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: Hi-Launcher forum thread

Suggestions/Enhancements...RNS:: logo
Colin wrote: January 15th, 2007
Have you taken a look at Launch-Anywhere from Zhangzhe Technology's? They are the guys that make Zlauncher. I like the look of Launch-Anywhere, but as I am a registered user of Hi-Launcher, I thought I'd mention some possible enhancements that could be utilized from what I have seen from Launch-Anywhere... 1. Allow icon only app trigger (don't display the descriptionm and allow multiple applications on a line), 2. Allow for user defined/created backgrounds (They supply a PC utility to create the background images if you don't want to use .jpg/.bmp). 3. Allow Favorities to be lauches (most recently used applications) via a single icon with no description (indicated by stars in configuration). I would say that you have a lot of configurable items in Hi-Launcher, but seeing this new launcher that has a lot of similarities, would be nice to be able to include some of them. I know that you can't make it identical because of Copyright, etc, but you may be able to add some new functionality differently than they have....Thanks.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 16th, 2007
Thanks, Colin for the suggestions. Obviously, Hi-Launcher won't give up easily and we will keep its leading position as far as this kind of launchers is concerned.

Of course we can learn a lot from what has been implemented in other products, and introduce the best solutions to Hi-Launcher. I don't think there would be any Copyright concern, as no one can convince me that the idea of Launch Anywhere was not derived from Hi-Launcher :-) So the Copyright issue goes in the other direction, I suppose.

And can you explain your point #3? Isn't the functionality described by you covered with the "Recent App. Trigger" and "Recent App." items in the Hi-Launcher's Menu?

Colin wrote: January 17th, 2007
You are close with Point 3, but it is just the icon, not icon and description. When defining it in the set up, the number of favorites is indicated by the number of stars on the line. This is done in the same way as #1 when defining the application icons.

I would suggest downloading a demo of Launch_Anywhere and taking a look at the interface, I think it looks very good. Perhaps you can get other ideas on top of the ones I have mentioned.

Take care, Colin.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 17th, 2007
I see. So in fact #1 covers #3, too. If all items can have no desctiptions, and can be put next to one another in one line, then also "Recent App." items can.

Colin wrote: January 17th, 2007
Very true. But they have made it that you can choose whether to have descriptions or not. But for Recent Apps, I don't think there was a choice - it was icon only, if I remember correctly.

Michael Schulz wrote: January 18th, 2007
Whats about an special Palm-TX Feature like:

Deactivating the internal launcher named (in german) "Favoriten". (Or "favorites" in english ?)

(That thing which opens if i press the Home HardButton several times.)

This launcher is really bugging and with HiLaucher there isnt a reason to use it anyway.

But it resides in ROM so i cant delete it.

So what about an option in HiLaucher to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

(I think the new treo 680 uses this launcher also but it seems that nobody like this app.)

Colin wrote: January 18th, 2007
I understand about the Favorites default. Unfortunately the only way to get rid of this would be to rebuild the Palm ROM Image. But I don't know what the impact of removing that would be, it is possible that the TX won't operate without it.

Radoslaw would not be able to force it out with his application (Hi-Launcher) either. Some other launchers that take over the Palm hide the Favorites, but it is still there. It is a Palm thing. I wish it would go away too.
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
InformationThis thread has been locked. Posting new replies is forbidden now.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy