[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: TopSelecText forum thread

treo 680 compatibilityRNS:: logo
dan wrote: December 18th, 2006
Please verify this utility is compatible with Treo 680.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: December 19th, 2006
Yes, TreoSelecText is compatible with Treo 680.

GL wrote: January 19th, 2007
Trial version RESETS my 680 on all but SHIFT-LEFT. After about 5 times, I found the About pane and read that this is the way it's supposed to work in the trial version. That's unacceptable. Just have them do nothing, not reset the device!
Even SHIFT-CENTER resets, so the coolest feature can't be tried out.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 21st, 2007
Woops! You're right :-( I've got to have a look at the source code to see what can be wrong, and I'll post an update immediately when it's fixed...

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 21st, 2007
OK. I fixed this and uploaded the file wherever I could.
GL, I sent you an e-mail, too. Many thanks for reporting the bug!

GL wrote: January 24th, 2007
After using the updated version you provided (thanks!) for a few days, I'd like to report that I've had no further problems on my 680. Further, I recommend the utility as one of those "why didn't Palm provide this?" must-haves.
GL

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 26th, 2007
Great! Thanks! :-)

Anthony Nunoo wrote: November 22nd, 2007
I have Treo 680.I first downloaded the trial version of Treo Select and tested it. The Control+Leftshift did highlight the test(that is the only function that works when using the trial version). To my supprise, after buying and downloading, and installing the full version, the only fuction I get is the Crt+left shift.
I highlighted a number in my calender and tried the Crt+centre but the number was not dialed. After many trials, the number rather got deleted.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: November 22nd, 2007
Please try after performing a soft reset, Anthony.
You will also find the additional configuration in the "RNS:: TST" panel in Prefs.

Wolfgang R. wrote: January 26th, 2008
Hello,
I bought TreoSelectText a few months before, and I find it very useful.
One thing doesn´t work: when I mark up a telefone-number within the further contact-notes of my standard treo680 contacts and try to dial it, the treo allways crashes; TreoCrashLog gives me a Field68K.c,Line:247,Form object (field) not found - error. How can I avoid this behavior, or can you fix this?
Best regards
WR

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 26th, 2008
We are aware of this bug in Palm's software, and we're planning to create a workaround in the next version of TreoSelecText.

Margaret wrote: February 3rd, 2008
after updating with the latest ROM update from Palm for the unlocked Treo 680 GSM phone, I cannot get TreoSelect Text to work at all. When I go into the Prefs and check the RNS:: TST setting, it is activated according to the checkbox, but it does not work.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 5th, 2008
Margaret, please try after performing a soft reset. TreoSelecText works on my updated unlocked Treo 680 GSM, so it also should on yours.

Margaret wrote: February 7th, 2008
am I recalling wrong, or did TreoSelecText work in other applications? I can only get it to work when I'm actually composing an email. I can't get it to work to copy text in email that I've received or in other applications like Docs to Go.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 10th, 2008
TreoSelecText works only with standard Palm OS editable fields, and will not work with proprietary solutions like the one used in DocsToGo. It never did.

Wolfgang R. wrote: March 27th, 2008
Thank you very much for fixing the behaviour that TreoSelectText crashed when hyperlink option was used to dial a phone number from a note in Contacts - now it is a perfect tool I can (and will) recommend
Best regards
W.R.

Ashok. S. Grinde wrote: January 24th, 2009
I tried the trial version on my treo 680 as I was looking for such a product. After installation, I can see a RNS::TNT in my preference list. But nothing works, or I dont know how to operate it!

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 25th, 2009
If you didn't install it through HotSync, then you may try if it works after performing a soft reset. Also, make sure that your settings in Prefs are as expected. If nothing helps, then try after disabling any other system hooks, extensions, and hacks.

Ashok. S. Grinde wrote: February 9th, 2009
I am trying it when I edit a contact information

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 9th, 2009
TNT (which you said you saw in Prefs) is TopNaviText, while we're talking about TreoSelecText (TST) here. So make sure you can also see TST in Prefs.
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy