[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: HoHo forum thread

Sys ring tones & Treo 300RNS:: logo
David wrote: July 16th, 2003
When I run HoHo's MIDI Manager on my Treo 300 it asks to create a System Ring Tones database; it can't find the one that already exists. I also have Ringo and have used it to add some orignal MIDI ring tones to my system MIDI ring tones database. Why can't HoHo find it? By the way, the title of the datbase is "MIDI Ring Tones", not "System Ring Tones".

Aaron J. Outhier wrote: July 18th, 2003
David:
You've unknowingly stated your problem. Let me explain: *Most* Palms use the "System MIDI Sounds" Database. Some manufacturers, however, have implemented their own database names, and some have even created their own Ring Tone format, which is used ONLY in THEIR products. Some manufacturers have released info on those formats, some have not. It would appear that Handspring DOES indeed provide the specs. for their Treo 300, and I BELIEVE RaNo is working on supporting the Treo 300 in the next or a future release of HoHo. So, in answer to your question: HoHo, does not support the Treo 300 AT THIS TIME.

Will it support the Treo 300 in the future?
Will RaNo disappoint possibly hundreds of potential customers??

Find out tomorrow-
Same Bat Time,
Same Bat Channel!

Ericsson:
b b #a #a a a #a #a b b #a #a a a #a #a B p B

Nokia:
8b1 8b1 8#a1 8#a1 8a1 8a1 8#a1 8#a1 8b1 8b1 8#a1 8#a1 8a1 8a1 8#a1 8#a1 4b1 32- 4b1

RTTTL:
d=8,o=5:B,B,A#,A#,B,B,A#,A#,A,A,A#,A#,4B,32P,4B

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: July 20th, 2003
Indeed, Handspring has released the document. I am pretty sure it had not been publically available the last time I was searching for it, though the document is dated back to the end of 2002.

With the document now available on Handspring's pages it seems to be child easy. Today I will contact some people who had asked for the Treo 300 support to see if the HoHo 4.0 beta I've already prepared really works on Treo 300.

Mario wrote: December 27th, 2003
I have a similar problem with my Treo 270. I have 2 files: "System Midi Sounds" and "System Ring Tones" but also a localized "Suoni MIDI di sistema" (just the italian translation of System Midi Sounds).
HoHo finds the first two files, but not the third one. Unfortunatly the system (palm in italian language) uses the italian file for midi sounds.
It must be just a matter of names. Or not ?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: December 28th, 2003
In fact it's quite a different problem than that one with Treo 300. Indeed, the problem is that there are two databases with the same ID's but different names. According to the Palm OS documentation, the function I used in HoHo to list those databases should return both databases. In reality, however, it returns only one of them. I have now learned on the developer's forum it's a known bug (or rather the inconsistency with the documentation), which I'm going to walkaround in the next HoHo version.

For the time being, Mario, you may use a utility like RsrcEdit to change the "creator ID" of "Suoni MIDI di sistema" to a different one (any). Then it becomes visible for HoHo. Finally you may restore the original creator ID. However, if you don't restore it, nothing bad should happen - the "System Midi Sounds" database will be used by the system, and the "Suoni MIDI di sistema" will lose its system meaning (it will function as a typical MIDI library database).

hayden wrote: February 15th, 2004
does anyone know the polyphony limit and kblimit for ringtones on Treo 270 and 300?

Where can I find documentation on the ringtone format for Treo 270 and 300?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 15th, 2004
Treo 270 does not support polyphony at all. Treo 300 does, but it still has to be the SMF0 (a single track MIDI file).

The size limit is slightly less than 64KB for both devices.
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy