[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: HoHo forum thread

HoHo for Kyocera 2135RNS:: logo
abc wrote: March 10th, 2003
No site has a plug-in for the Kyocera 2135, aor any other Kyocera phone.
Will there be in the future, and how soon? If there is already, where?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 12th, 2003
Currently HoHo does not support any Kyocera phone, but there is a chance for it.
I need help of Kyocera 2135 or 2345 users for that. You need to run MIDI_search.prc on your phone and send the results to me.
Refer to this HoHo Discussion topic for more information on MIDI_search.prc: HoHo for Samsung I-300?.

abc wrote: March 14th, 2003
How can you run a .prc file on a non-pda phone?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 14th, 2003
Yes, you are right. I thought they were smartphones.
I do not have the possibility to get such phone for tests. abc, you may browse the Internet to find a speciffication (even a simple one) of the format, and contact me so that I can implement it with your help.

abc wrote: March 15th, 2003
I have learned that you must save a file as a ".kws"(???) to download onto a Kyocera phone. You can purchase a ringtone convertor here for $18.95, so it is possible. It says to connect your phone to your computer via cable, which costs $47.99 here. Several websites say that the format has not been released yet. I don't know if this helps or not. I can't find anything describing the format.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 16th, 2003
So we have to wait for the release of the format.
Anyway how will you transfer the .kws file to your phone without the cable? Does the phone have an IR port?

Does the Kyocera 2135 have a composer or the only way to add new ringtones is to install them?

abc wrote: March 18th, 2003
If HoHo suported the fromat, i may buy the cable. No, it does not have an IR port, or a composer:(

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 19th, 2003
The idea of .kws files doesn't seem to be good for Palm platform, in general. What is more, creating files (eg. .kws) is not HoHo-like.
I would rather you found a PC tool for that (perhaps there is some freeware?).
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy