[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: HoHo forum thread

HoHo 2 & Mider with Kyocera 7135RNS:: logo
Adin wrote: June 4th, 2004
I have compiled a new "System_MIDI_Sounds.pdb" file with Mider and transferred it to my Kyocera 7135 (Palm OS 4.1). The phone doesn't seem to see or use the file, even though it shows up on the file manager. I am only using the freeware Mider. Do I need the full verson of HoHo for full funcionality? Thanks!

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: June 5th, 2004
You shouldn't directly overwrite the "System MIDI Sounds" database. Instead, you should create a database with a different name, and then using HoHo's MIDI Manager (even in the trial version) move the MIDI files to the "System MIDI Sounds" database.

By doing what you did (by overwriting the "System MIDI Sounds" database), you have changed the so called "creator id" of the database, and it may be no longer seen by the system. To fix it, use a program like RsrcEdit or Palm!Insider to restore the "creator id" from 'Smfh' back to 'psys'.

Adin wrote: June 5th, 2004
I used FileZ to change the atributes. "creator id" is now "psys", and "type" is "smfh". Is this correct? It still doesn't regognize the file. I have the original file, should I HotSync it back and use HoHo? Also, is there a limit on its size? The file I'm using is 64.4k. Thanks for all your help!

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: June 5th, 2004
The type of MIDI databases should be 'smfr'.

Also, if you have the original file, you may restore it, and follow my instructions above (so as not to overwrite the whole database - but to add MIDI files to it instead).

There is no size limit for the database, but each MIDI file mustn't be bigger than 64K (this is a Palm OS limitation).
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy