[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: Hi-Launcher forum thread

Two ways to activate the menuRNS:: logo
Patrick Bouyer wrote: January 6th, 2007
HelloRadoslaw!
I am still a geat fan of Hi-Launcher...(since the beginning)
I just had to change my Treo 650 (broken!) and buy a Treo 680 and I miss the fact that I can't have two ways to trigger the menu (one button and one on screen). When holding the stylus it is not always easy to push a button. On my 650 I had found a funny way to do that with "Silkscreen". I had set the lower left corner of the screen to "home". And as I had set the hi-launcher trigger to the home button It worked fine. Unfortunately on the 680 the "home" button is recognized as "4th button" and so silkscreen opens the apps.
Wouldn' it be possible to have two ways to activate the menu? It would be great...
Thanks again for your great job
Patrick

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 8th, 2007
Unfortunately I'm not planning to introduce more than one trigger selection in Hi-Launcher in the near future. Maybe my TreoHomeFix Hack can help in your case?

As far as Treo 680 is concerned, I'm currently working on making it possible to Trigger Hi-Launcher with the green button, which seems not to be used unless there's an incoming unanswered call. After getting my Treo 680 it came to me that this button could be great for triggering Hi-Launcher, but it does not work properly at the moment... but I'm working on it, and there should be an update of Hi-Launcher soon.

Patrick Bouyer wrote: January 8th, 2007
Very strange because... I'm using the green button to trigger Hi-Launcher!!!! And it works perfectly. You are right, it's realy great to use this button. With TealLaunch I did even attribute the phone button as a "menu" button [the new menu button is not very well placed I think] (and the hold phone to the phone). So the two most used buttons are just one above the other and it's vey useful.The TreoHomeFixHack didn't change anything. Never mind for the "double" trigger. Thanks anyway :)
Patrick

Buffaloe wrote: January 9th, 2007
You mention that you are working on updating Hi-Launcher. I am still using v3.1 because there seems to be a bug in version 3.2. When I launch a URL from Hi-Launcher using version 3.2 and I am already in the browser (Web), Hi-Launcher brings me to its set up screen. This behavior is consistent and happens every single time. It does not happen at all in version 3.1. Can you please take a look at this? I have all of my browser bookmarks in Hi-Launcher and I can not upgrade to any of the functionality of the newer versions until this is fixed.

On a related point, I notice that when launching a URL with Hi-Launcher that it reloads the browser each and everytime (at least in version 3.1, as version 3.2 has the above described behavior) even if I am in the browser already. I note that I have tried the similar functionality in the new ZZTechs "Launch-Anywhere" and it does not do this, the URL is sent to the browser without a relaunch much the same way it would occur if I was entering the URL manually or from the built-in bookmarks. Of course, this method is much faster because the browser is not re-loaded into memory. Can you also take a look at this and fix Hi-Launcher to use the more streamlined method?

Thanks.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: January 9th, 2007
Good news for you, Buffaloe - I recently worked on the issue you mentioned (going to the Setup screen instead of going to URL) and it will be fixed in Hi-Launcher 3.3.

steve wrote: April 23rd, 2007
On My T5 I have Hi-Launcher set to trigger with a tap of the [Find] silkscreen icon. This lets me activate with my stylus. I have another third-party app that lets me map buttons, so I have hard button #4 set to activate the [Find] button. Hense pressing #4 hard button *or* tapping the [Find] icon activate Hi-Launcher. I don't know if this is possible on a Treo though (?)

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: April 23rd, 2007
Treo does not have silk screen icons.

HD wrote: July 12th, 2007
Hi there,

first let me say that Hi-Launcher is really a great program and replacing my good old ZLauncher!

But now I would like to use some special way of triggering the menu but until now I didn't find a way how to do it. :-(

My primary activation trigger is a press of the silk-screen icon 'Home' on my rusty T5. Now I would like to act the hardware 'Home' button as a secondary trigger for the Hi-Launcher menu.

Are there any posibilities to implement a secondary trigger Hi-Launcher?

I also tried to use a key code macro for the hardware button 'Home', but I didn't find the (char, keycode, modifier) triple which is send by pressing the silk-screen icon 'Home'.

Any hints?

TIA!

~ HD ~

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: July 12th, 2007
We're not planning to enable multiple triggers at the moment.

You may find out the (char, keycode, modifier) information e.g. using the "Key Watcher" feature of ZInsider.

HD wrote: July 16th, 2007
Hi,

sorry for the late answer and thanks for your hint! It worked like a charm!

If anyone else is interested, the macro which simulates the silk-screen icon 'Home' is the following:

<keycode 264 0 8>

~ HD ~
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy